Man charged with Harlesden machete attack
Woman was slashed acrossed the throat and wrists
A man has been charged with attacking a woman with a machete that left her fighting for her life.
The 35-year-old woman, who is believed to be Asian, was slashed across the throat and wrists outside the post office in Church Road,Harlesden, at 10.50am last Thursday (28).
She was rushed to hospital in a critical condition and is now stable.
Nadarajah Rajahkumar, of no fixed address, appeared before Brent Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at Harrow Crow Court on July 1.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'