Man charged with Cricklewood woman’s murder
A 23-year-old man gas been charged with the murder of a woman found asphyxiated in her home
A man has been charged with the murder of a woman at her home in Cricklewood on Saturday morning.
Houssam Djemaa, 23, of Anderson Court in Whitefield Avenue, was arrested for the murder of Jacqueline Barrett, 34, who lived at the same address.
Police were called shortly before 5am on Saturday morning to reports that a woman had been assaulted, and found Ms Barett’s dead body at the scene.
A post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death to be asphyxia.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Djemaa is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
An 18-year-old man was arrested and bailed in connection with the murder.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield