Man charged with Cricklewood woman’s murder
A 23-year-old man gas been charged with the murder of a woman found asphyxiated in her home
A man has been charged with the murder of a woman at her home in Cricklewood on Saturday morning.
Houssam Djemaa, 23, of Anderson Court in Whitefield Avenue, was arrested for the murder of Jacqueline Barrett, 34, who lived at the same address.
Police were called shortly before 5am on Saturday morning to reports that a woman had been assaulted, and found Ms Barett’s dead body at the scene.
A post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death to be asphyxia.
Mr Djemaa is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
An 18-year-old man was arrested and bailed in connection with the murder.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 'Shameful' former police officers jailed for sharing photos of murdered sisters