Man arrested over Queen’s Park shooting of young mum
Three woman, including mum holding baby, released from hospital
A man has been arrested in connection with the shooting of three women, including a young mum who was cradling her baby in Queen’s Park, Brent.
The 18-year-old woman was holding her 11-month-old son when she was hit in the neck by pellets from the bullet in John Fearon Walk in the Mozart Estate on September 29.
The bullet missed the baby by inches.
Detectives believe the girls were talking to a group of boys nearby when a gunman fired at the crowd hitting the young mother, a 17-year-old girl and a 19-year-old woman.
The gunman fired a single shot injuring the three girls before escaping with three other suspects on bicycles.
Officers raided an address in north-west London on Thursday and arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the incident.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Appeal: Boy, 13, missing from Brent since Monday
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 6 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 7 Alperton family with autistic son plead to be rehoused
- 8 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 9 Retired police boss: Sacking Met officers 'takes too long'
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
He has since been questioned and bailed pending further enquiries.
Police are still appealing for members of the public who may know what happened to come forward.
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 4218 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.