Man arrested over Queen’s Park shooting of young mum
Three woman, including mum holding baby, released from hospital
A man has been arrested in connection with the shooting of three women, including a young mum who was cradling her baby in Queen’s Park, Brent.
The 18-year-old woman was holding her 11-month-old son when she was hit in the neck by pellets from the bullet in John Fearon Walk in the Mozart Estate on September 29.
The bullet missed the baby by inches.
Detectives believe the girls were talking to a group of boys nearby when a gunman fired at the crowd hitting the young mother, a 17-year-old girl and a 19-year-old woman.
You may also want to watch:
The gunman fired a single shot injuring the three girls before escaping with three other suspects on bicycles.
Officers raided an address in north-west London on Thursday and arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the incident.
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 5 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
He has since been questioned and bailed pending further enquiries.
Police are still appealing for members of the public who may know what happened to come forward.
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 4218 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.