Man arrested over Queen’s Park shooting of young mum
Three woman, including mum holding baby, released from hospital
A man has been arrested in connection with the shooting of three women, including a young mum who was cradling her baby in Queen’s Park, Brent.
The 18-year-old woman was holding her 11-month-old son when she was hit in the neck by pellets from the bullet in John Fearon Walk in the Mozart Estate on September 29.
The bullet missed the baby by inches.
Detectives believe the girls were talking to a group of boys nearby when a gunman fired at the crowd hitting the young mother, a 17-year-old girl and a 19-year-old woman.
You may also want to watch:
The gunman fired a single shot injuring the three girls before escaping with three other suspects on bicycles.
Officers raided an address in north-west London on Thursday and arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the incident.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
He has since been questioned and bailed pending further enquiries.
Police are still appealing for members of the public who may know what happened to come forward.
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 4218 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.