Man arrested for police hat theft during Millwall v Wigan disorder at Wembley Stadium
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Officers question 27-year-old from Lewisham
Detectives investigating the disorder at the Millwall v Wigan FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium have arrested a man on suspicion of the theft of a police hat.
The 27-year-old was held at an address in Lewisham, south London, this morning.
He was bailed to return to a police station in June.
Officers from Operation Arrowtip are trying to trace the fans who took part in the violent clashes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the investigation team on 020 8246 0076 (not 24 hours) or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre