Man arrested for police hat theft during Millwall v Wigan disorder at Wembley Stadium
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Officers question 27-year-old from Lewisham
Detectives investigating the disorder at the Millwall v Wigan FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium have arrested a man on suspicion of the theft of a police hat.
The 27-year-old was held at an address in Lewisham, south London, this morning.
He was bailed to return to a police station in June.
Officers from Operation Arrowtip are trying to trace the fans who took part in the violent clashes.
Anyone with information should contact the investigation team on 020 8246 0076 (not 24 hours) or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley