Man arrested for police hat theft during Millwall v Wigan disorder at Wembley Stadium
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Officers question 27-year-old from Lewisham
Detectives investigating the disorder at the Millwall v Wigan FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium have arrested a man on suspicion of the theft of a police hat.
The 27-year-old was held at an address in Lewisham, south London, this morning.
He was bailed to return to a police station in June.
Officers from Operation Arrowtip are trying to trace the fans who took part in the violent clashes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the investigation team on 020 8246 0076 (not 24 hours) or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'