Man accused of murdering woman in Stonebridge charged with raping and attempted murder of another woman hours before
- Credit: Archant
Marvin Samuels appeared via video link at the Old Bailey
A man accused of stabbing his partner to death in Stonebridge has been charged with raping and trying to kill a stranger earlier on the same day.
Marvin Samuels, of Conduit Way, Stonebridge, is accused of stabbing mother-of-four Sharlana Diedrick to death before leaving her body in a parked car in James Dudson Court, Wyborne Way.
The victim was found with stab wounds at around 11pm on September 29 last year.
However, hours earlier, he is also alleged to have attacked and tried to rape a second woman at the Welsh Harp Reservoir in Neasden.
Samuels, 31, appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from prison for a plea and case management hearing.
He has not yet entered pleas to the charges of the murder of Ms Diedrick, and the attempted murder, rape and grievous bodily harm with intent of the other victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
The hearing has been adjourned until March 8 while Samuels remains in custody.
Samuels was arrested and charged with the murder of Sharlana Diedrick on October 1 last year following the incident on September 29.
Ms Diedrick, 32 who was living in Watford, left behind two sons and two daughters aged between three and fourteen.