Magilton must be given time, says Lomas
FORMER QPR midfielder Steve Lomas has backed his international colleague Jim Magilton to guide the Rs into the top six next season. Lomas (pictured right playing for QPR in 2006), who spent several years alongside the new Rangers boss...
FORMER QPR midfielder Steve Lomas has backed his international colleague Jim Magilton to guide the Rs into the top six next season.
Lomas (pictured right playing for QPR in 2006), who spent several years alongside the new Rangers boss in the heart of Northern Ireland's midfield, believes Magilton will be a success - as long as the club give him time.
"It's time for someone to get in there and be given at least a couple of years," Lomas told the Times. "There needs to be continuity at the club and I hope the chairman realises all that chopping and changing isn't any good.
"I think you could always see Jim had the right personality - he was a terrific player, passing the ball about, and this is a good opportunity for him.
You may also want to watch:
"If you look at the QPR squad, it's vastly different from when I played there a few years ago and, with the addition of two or three players, they should be challenging for the play-offs.
"They haven't scored enough goals, that's clear, but they've got players like Akos Buzsaky and Martin Rowlands coming back and, if Jim can keep all those boys fit, they'll have a chance.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020