Magilton demands improvement
JIM Magilton admits Saturday s second-half showing at Doncaster was the team s worst performance since he took over as QPR manager. Asked how he expected his side to respond to their 2-0 defeat at the Keepmoat Stadium, Magilton replied: Win next time, it
JIM Magilton admits Saturday's second-half showing at Doncaster was the team's worst performance since he took over as QPR manager.
Asked how he expected his side to respond to their 2-0 defeat at the Keepmoat Stadium, Magilton replied: "Win next time, it's as simple as that.
"The last half hour was probably as poor as these lads have played for me and for themselves since I've been in the job. I can't be too hard on them, but it's a lesson learned."
Cricklewood youngster Shane McWeeney was handed a surprise call-up at Doncaster after Rangers' failure to finalise the loan signing of Rhys Taylor in time.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old goalkeeper, who has played Gaelic football for local side Tir Chonaill Gaels, sat on the bench last Saturday as cover for Radek Cerny.
Once on the books at Reading and Tranmere Rovers before a spell at Glenn Hoddle's academy in Spain, McWeeney was recommended to Hoddle's former assistant John Gorman and has since featured for the Rs' reserve side.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
However, Taylor's loan from Chelsea has since been completed and he is expected to replace McWeeney on the bench for Saturday's home game against Coventry.