Magilton demands improvement
JIM Magilton admits Saturday s second-half showing at Doncaster was the team s worst performance since he took over as QPR manager. Asked how he expected his side to respond to their 2-0 defeat at the Keepmoat Stadium, Magilton replied: Win next time, it
JIM Magilton admits Saturday's second-half showing at Doncaster was the team's worst performance since he took over as QPR manager.
Asked how he expected his side to respond to their 2-0 defeat at the Keepmoat Stadium, Magilton replied: "Win next time, it's as simple as that.
"The last half hour was probably as poor as these lads have played for me and for themselves since I've been in the job. I can't be too hard on them, but it's a lesson learned."
Cricklewood youngster Shane McWeeney was handed a surprise call-up at Doncaster after Rangers' failure to finalise the loan signing of Rhys Taylor in time.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old goalkeeper, who has played Gaelic football for local side Tir Chonaill Gaels, sat on the bench last Saturday as cover for Radek Cerny.
Once on the books at Reading and Tranmere Rovers before a spell at Glenn Hoddle's academy in Spain, McWeeney was recommended to Hoddle's former assistant John Gorman and has since featured for the Rs' reserve side.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital
However, Taylor's loan from Chelsea has since been completed and he is expected to replace McWeeney on the bench for Saturday's home game against Coventry.