Free music tuition for children aboard the Musical Bus in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
All aboard the Musical Bus as it drives into Willesden this weekend offering free instrument tuition to children.
Youngsters have a chance to grab a free music lesson on Saturday and Sunday on board the bus at the Willesden Sports Centre, in Donnington Road.
Lycaeum Music’s MusicOnWheels is charitable project, supported by Brent Council, where 6-11 year-old children who might not normally have the opportunity to learn to play an instrument can give it a try.
Play the piano or the violin, strum a guitar, blow into a saxaphone - kids have the option of trying out a wide variety of instruments.
The bus driving between the sports centre and the Roundwood Centre, in Harlesden for the past two weeks but courses run only until Sunday as funding has run out.
You may also want to watch:
Petru Cotarcea, music director, said: “Before the pandemic, MusicOnWheels had already taught over 140 children in Brent over the course of the 2019-2020 school year, and offered free online lessons during the pandemic to a further 300 children.”
He added: “We hope that as many children as possible can benefit from our free music classes in the future, once we hopefully secure funding again.”
- 1 Wembley 16-year-old driven at and chased before fatal stabbing
- 2 Warning after fridge-freezer causes blaze in Cricklewood flat
- 3 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn
- 4 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
- 5 Conservatives lose Barnhill by-election recount where ballots went missing
- 6 Murder investigation launched after teen fatally stabbed in Wembley
- 7 Willesden landlord fined more than £700,000 for 'poor quality housing'
- 8 Wanted drug dealer jailed after police seize combat knives in Willesden
- 9 Man jailed after victim stabbed with machete in Neasden burglary
- 10 New vaccine and test centre opens in Willesden Green mosque