Lunch time update: Latest TfL Tube strike advice
Around 40 per cent of Tube trains in operation, despite strike Services operating on all but one Tube line, although disruption possible Some forty per cent of London s Tube trains are operating despite a strike on London Underground called by the leade
* Around 40 per cent of Tube trains in operation, despite strike
* Services operating on all but one Tube line, although disruption possible
Some forty per cent of London's Tube trains are operating despite a strike on London Underground called by the leaderships of the RMT and TSSA unions. Some 194 out of a total of 500 Tube trains are in operation, providing a service on all but one of London's Tube lines.
Ahead of the strike, TSSA union Gerry Doherty leader predicted that London would be "paralysed" by the strike. This prediction has not been borne out by the reality, with services currently operating as follows:
You may also want to watch:
* A good service is operating on the Northern line, although some stations are currently closed.
* A service is operating on the Victoria line between Walthamstow Central and Victoria.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 4 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 7 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 8 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
* The Jubilee line is operating a service between Finchley Road and Stanmore, and between Waterloo and Stratford.
* The Waterloo & City line is operating.
* The Bakerloo line is operating between Queen's Park and Elephant & Castle.
* The District line is operating between Barking and Wimbledon.
* The Metropolitan line is operating between Baker Street and all branches of the line.
* The Piccadilly line is operating between Cockfosters and King's Cross, and between Acton Town and Hammersmith.
* The Hammersmith & City line is operating between Hammersmith and Baker Street.
* Services are also running on East and on the West of the Central line.
The situation is fluid, with other Tube services operating services when possible. Disruption is possible throughout the day, and passengers are advised to check before travelling on www.tfl.gov.uk
Good services are operating on the bus network, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), and London Overground. Extra bus services have been provided, along with extra capacity for an additional 10,000 journeys on river services, marshalled taxi ranks, and guided cycle rides. Volunteers are on hand at bus, Tube, and rail stations to help passengers and distribute walking maps and other useful information.
Mike Brown, MD London Underground, said:
"We are doing everything possible to keep as many Tube services operating today, and to keep Londoners moving by providing extra buses, river services, and other alternatives. Londoners will face some disruption, but around 40 per cent of Tube trains are running and people are able to get around. The paralysis of London predicted by the leadership of the TSSA union has failed to materialise.
"The RMT and TSSA leaderships have chosen to disrupt Londoners for no good reason. The safety argument they now deploy - which has never been raised in any formal forum - is completely without foundation. It is simple scaremongering designed to mask their wish to strike.
"Londoners will doubtless find it incredible that the two union leaderships are pursing this action when they have been given cast-iron assurances that the staffing changes we are making come with no compulsory redundancies, that every station that currently has a ticket office will retain one, and that every station will remain staffed at all times.