Love Harlesden Day will take place this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Annual event aims to bring together all aspects of the town’s community
Love Harlesden Day is taking place this Saturday and everyone is invited.
The annual fun day event aims to bring together all aspects of the vibrant town’s community.
It boasts a plethora of fun activities for all including a food fayre at Tavistock Hall which will feature local traders, pamper room, children’s area, as well as performances from local schools and entertainers.
It will also be celebrating the start of the town’s regeneration programme, which includes the near completion of the approach to Willesden Junction Station.
You may also want to watch:
Harlesden Town team have been lobbying for it to be improved for several years.
The latest plans for the town’s £4m makeover will be on display with officers from Brent Council on hand to answer any questions.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Shop owners in Harlesden will also be given the chance to meet potential customers and listen to their needs.
In the evening a showcasing event featuring local bands and performers will be held at the Misty Moon pub, as well as the screening of several short films by local movie makers.
All proceeds will go to three chosen local organisations - The Mayhew Animal Charity, St Mungo’s Homeless Charity and the Harlesden Town Gardens Project.
For more information visit www.harlesdentownteam.org.