Lord of the Dance star Michael Flatley footprints to be immortalised outside The SSE Arena in Wembley Park
- Credit: CHRIS WINTER/WEMBLEY PARK
The fastest dancing feet in the world will be immortalised in bronze outside The SSE Arena in Wembley Park.
The footprints of Lord of the Dance star Michael Flatley will forever have a place in the ‘Square of Fame’ alongside the handprints of other stars.
The American-born Irish dancer holds the Guinness World Record for a staggering 35 taps per second and set a record-breaking run of 21 consecutive shows at Wembley Arena in 1998.
This week he returned to Wembley to made a cast of his feet and will be back at the SSE Arena on July 4 for his last ever UK performance.
He said: “It is a privilege to have my feet, so integral to what I do and who I am, immortalised here at Wembley Park which has such a rich entertainment heritage.”
You may also want to watch:
“It is the only fitting venue for my final UK performance of Lord of the Dance.”
Other artists to be immortalised outside the SSE Arena include Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie and Dolly Parton.
For more information and to book tickets to see the performance visit ssearena.co.uk/.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer