Long awaited play area opens in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Chalkhill Park includes an outdoor gym
It was smiles all round this holiday weekend as the new Chalkhill Park was opened to the public.
The long awaited park in Chalkhill Road welcomed its first visitors last Friday a month ahead of its official opening ceremony.
The park was given planning permission in 2010 and includes a play area as well as outdoor gym equipment, a performance area and a sculpture garden.
Cllr Michael Pavey, for the Barnhill ward, said: “I’m so pleased that the beautiful new Chalkhill Park is open. Seeing all the kids having fun in the sunshine made my Bank Holiday. What a great way to kick off the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
An opening ceremony is still due to be held on June 8 and will include bouncy castles and a talent show.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears