Long awaited play area opens in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Chalkhill Park includes an outdoor gym
It was smiles all round this holiday weekend as the new Chalkhill Park was opened to the public.
The long awaited park in Chalkhill Road welcomed its first visitors last Friday a month ahead of its official opening ceremony.
The park was given planning permission in 2010 and includes a play area as well as outdoor gym equipment, a performance area and a sculpture garden.
Cllr Michael Pavey, for the Barnhill ward, said: “I’m so pleased that the beautiful new Chalkhill Park is open. Seeing all the kids having fun in the sunshine made my Bank Holiday. What a great way to kick off the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
An opening ceremony is still due to be held on June 8 and will include bouncy castles and a talent show.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley