London Mayoral candidate George Galloway in surprise visit to Brent
- Credit: Archant
London Mayoral candidate George Galloway has pledged to ensure that half of the homes built in new developments in the city will be affordable housing during a visit to Brent.
The leader of the Respect Party made the promise to shoppers at a surprise visit to Willesden Market on Wednesday.
During an impromptu Q&A session at the market in Church Road, the ex-Bradford West and Bethanl Green and Bow MP also pledged to reverse cuts to emergency services in the capital
He said: “Residents in Brent are as concerned about issues impacting London as in every borough. Whether it is housing, the economy, jobs, taxation or the environment, I will listen to each and every one of you.
“I have always placed my words and my actions behind the causes I believe in. The gentleman just asked me about Fathers4Justice; as you know as an MP I stood firmly behind this organisation and their ethos. I say what I mean and mean what I say.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Galloway will be holding a public meeting at St. Gabriel’s Church hall in Chichele Road, Cricklewood, on Monday (21) at 7pm.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 8 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million