London Designer Outlet in Wembley opens today
- Credit: Archant
Bargains hunters are expected to flock to the London Designer Outlet in Wembley when it opens its doors today.
The city’s first ever designer outlet centre will launch at 11am with an array of events including Bollywood street dancing.
LDO offers 350,000ft² of retail and leisure space which includes 70 shops offering discounts of up 70 per cent and 15 restaurants.
It is also home to a nine-screen Cineworld.
A Bargainista Blitz Squad will be located at a central hub in the midst of LDO where visitors can book a ‘Bargainista Blitzer’ to maximise their shopping experience.
There will also be opportunities to have a sneak preview of the vibrant Sitare Festival which will take place in Wembley on November 2.
James Saunders, chief operating officer for Quintain, the developers of LDO, said: “For us, London Designer Outlet has always been a development about and for the local community and we wanted the launch activities to represent this.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
“Therefore the programme for launch day and onwards focuses on our neighbours, the LDO community, and the rich culture, diversity and talent that exists here in Wembley and the surrounding areas.”
LDO is located behind York House in Empire Way.