London Designer Outlet in Wembley attracts 5m shoppers in its first year
- Credit: Archant
Around five million people visited the London Designer Outlet since it opened in Wembley a year ago.
The 350,000sq ft centre in Wembley Park Boulevard celebrated its first birthday last week.
In the last 12 months LDO estimated each shopper had saved an average £252 a year on their purchases versus high street prices.
All retail shops offers discounts of up to 70 per cent of retail prices (30 per cent minimum).
In addition to shopping at stores such as Replay, Guess, Superdry, Gap, LK Bennett and Nike, visitors can also enjoy a meal at 20 eateries or catch a movie at the nine-screen Cineworld.
In May, singer and reality television star Peter Andre opened a free children’s play park on the grounds of LDO and a 600sqm ice rink will be unveiled on November 14.
It will open on every day until January 4 next year, except Christmas Day.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 7 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 8 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
Norman Black, LDO head of marketing, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating our first anniversary and are thrilled to have welcomed so many guests in our first year.
“With the best high street brands at outlet prices all year round, we’re offering our guests impressive value for money. And with nine-screens’ worth of the latest cinema entertainment and our kids’ Play Park – plus an ice rink on the way for the Christmas season - we’re proud to provide something for everyone in such an iconic location right next to Wembley Stadium.”