Lokomotive Leipzig 3 Queens Park Rangers 2: Rs suffer defeat in Germany
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Friendly: Lokomotive Leipzig 3 Queens Park Rangers 2
Goals from Ryan Manning and Pawel Wszolek were not enough for Queens Park Rangers as they were beaten 3-2 in a friendly at German fourth-tier side Lokomotive Leipzig.
The west Londoners fell behind inside 11 minutes at the Bruno-Plache-Stadion when Ryan Malone found the net for the hosts.
Eight minutes later, Rs conceded a second when Paul Maurer fired past keeper Matt Ingram to double Lokomotive’s lead.
Six minutes into the second half, Ian Holloway’s men fell further behind when Maik Salewski scored for the Germans.
You may also want to watch:
In the 54th minute, midfielder Manning, who recently penned a contract extension taking him through to 2020, pulled one back for QPR.
With 10 minutes left in the match, Wszolek then found the net to set up a nervy finish, but Lokomotive held on to win.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
QPR are back in action tonight at 5pm BST when they visit Union Berlin in a rearranged friendly after Saturday’s planned game between the sides was called off after just 13 minutes.