Westminster Council to build �18million sports centre in Queen’s Park
State-of-the-art building will boast a host of facilities including an eight-court sports hall, health and fitness suite and a martial arts area
A new sports centre costing �18million will be built in Queen’s Park, Westminster Council has announced.
Jubilee Sports Centre, in Westminster will close in 2014, to make way for a new centre on the site of Moberly Sports Centre, in The Quadrant, Kilburn Lane,
Subject to planning permission, the new centre will be built at no cost to the council, Westminster has said.
It will have a new swimming pool, learner pool, an eight-court sports hall, health and fitness suite, exercise and dance studios, a multi-use gymnastics and martial arts area and new boxing provision.
You may also want to watch:
Facilities for community group use will also be provided on site for the public.
The redevelopment costs will be funded by the sale of new residential properties at both sites.
- 1 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 7 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 8 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 9 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 10 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
Councillor James Powney, Brent Council’s Lead Member for Environment and Neighbourhoods, said: “I am delighted to see such a big investment in a sports centre in Brent. We know our residents would especially welcome a new swimming pool, but the other facilities will also be a great enhancement to the borough.”
Jubilee Sports Centre will remain fully open while the Moberly site is being redeveloped. All activities will move to Moberly when Jubilee closes.
Residents can find out more about the plans by attending a drop-in session at Moberly Sports Centre on April 16 from 12.30pm to 2pm and 6.30pm to 8pm.
Residents are invited to submit their feedback on the redevelopment plans at email@example.com by 31 May 2012 or visit www.westminster.gov.uk/newmoberly for more information.