Ham&High to host Hampstead and Kilburn general election hustings
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead and Kilburn’s four main contenders to become the area’s next MP will face off in a question time debate hosted by the Ham&High and UCS Hampstead next month.
Incumbent Labour MP Tulip Siddiq, along with Conservative candidate Johnny Luk, Liberal Democrat Matt Sanders, and the Green Party's David Stansell will face questions from an audience on December 2 in the hall at the school in Frognal.
Ms Siddiq is defending a 15,560 majority from 2017 while the Liberal Democrats' Mr Sanders hopes that the party's policy to revoke Article 50 will secure an almighty swing to his party.
The hour-long event will start at 7pm and will be chaired by the Ham&High's senior reporter Harry Taylor. Entry is free, and those wishing to attend will need to book tickets through Eventbrite.
UCS Hampstead's headteacher Mark Beard said: "We are delighted to welcome the prospective candidates for Hampstead and Kilburn to the Great Hall at UCS for a hustings evening ahead of December's general election.
You may also want to watch:
"Debate and discussion have always been an integral part of life at UCS and we look forward to welcoming the local community to hear the candidates' views on issues which affect us all."
For tickets click here.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 6 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies