Ham&High to host Hampstead and Kilburn general election hustings
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead and Kilburn’s four main contenders to become the area’s next MP will face off in a question time debate hosted by the Ham&High and UCS Hampstead next month.
Incumbent Labour MP Tulip Siddiq, along with Conservative candidate Johnny Luk, Liberal Democrat Matt Sanders, and the Green Party's David Stansell will face questions from an audience on December 2 in the hall at the school in Frognal.
Ms Siddiq is defending a 15,560 majority from 2017 while the Liberal Democrats' Mr Sanders hopes that the party's policy to revoke Article 50 will secure an almighty swing to his party.
The hour-long event will start at 7pm and will be chaired by the Ham&High's senior reporter Harry Taylor. Entry is free, and those wishing to attend will need to book tickets through Eventbrite.
UCS Hampstead's headteacher Mark Beard said: "We are delighted to welcome the prospective candidates for Hampstead and Kilburn to the Great Hall at UCS for a hustings evening ahead of December's general election.
You may also want to watch:
"Debate and discussion have always been an integral part of life at UCS and we look forward to welcoming the local community to hear the candidates' views on issues which affect us all."
For tickets click here.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend