Boris Johnson ‘sitting up in bed’, chancellor confirms
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson is on the mend and “sitting up in bed” the chancellor has confirmed.
Rishi Sunak, speaking at the daily Downing Street press conference, said the prime minister is receiving “excellent care”, adding: “The latest from the hospital is the prime minister remains in intensive care where his condition is improving.
“I can also tell you that he has been sitting up in bed and engaging positively with the clinical team.
“The prime minister is not only my colleague and my boss but also my friend and my thoughts are with him and his family.”
He added: “The news about the PM reminds us how indiscriminate this disease is.
You may also want to watch:
“Nearly everyone will know someone who has been affected – friends, family, neighbours, colleagues. This is a terrible virus that respects no boundaries of status or geography or vocation.”
Mr Sunak said all Britons are taking part in a “collective national effort” to protect vulnerable people and public services and to save lives.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
A Tory source said: “The mood in Number 10 has always been determined – but it has lifted in the last 24 hours. We are all hoping Boris is back at work soon.”