Outstanding school in Kilburn could be expanded to tackle shortage of places
Kingsgate Primary School could take on 60 extra pupils a year
An outstanding school in Kilburn could be expanded to deal with a shortage of school places in north-west London.
Camden Council will consider plans to create 420 more primary school places on July 18.
The recommendation would be to expand popular Kingsgate Primary School, in Kingsgate Road, Kilburn, by creating a new building for the school in Liddell Road, West Hampstead.
The aim would be to create 60 new primary school places a year - a maximum of 420 across all years.
You may also want to watch:
Parents, residents and businesses will be consulted on the plans.
Liz Hayward, headteacher of Kingsgate Primary School, said: “I’m delighted about the proposal to expand. Kingsgate is an outstanding and popular school, and every year we have a queue of families on our waiting list, hoping for a reception class place. It would be wonderful to be able offer more children the opportunity to join our school community.”
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 7 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
Councillor Mike Katz, Labour ward councillor for Kilburn, said: “This is great news for NW6. Figures show how desperate we need a primary school in this area.
“Labour councillors have been campaigning hard to make this happen and it is fantastic that Camden Council is taking action.”
Liddell Road was identified last summer as a possible site for new school places. Of 153 children who were without a school place in Camden on May 1, 104 lived west of Finchley Road.