Local elections 2018: How to find your polling station and what to do once you get there
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tomorrow is May 3, when voters across London will be casting their ballots in local elections.
The first thing you need to know is where to vote.
While the details should be clearly displayed on your voting card, you can also find out where exactly your polling station is by visiting wheredoivote.co.uk and popping your postcode in.
Polling stations are often in churches, community centres and schools. However they can be in all sorts of places.
Polls will open at 7am and remain so until 10pm. After that time, you will not be able to cast a vote.
Once you get to your polling station you simply give the staff there your name and address and away you go.
You may also want to watch:
In Hackney, Lewisham, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Watford, voters are also deciding who they want to be their borough’s mayor, so people in those areas will be handed two ballot papers.
For the majority of Londoners, the only ballot paper we will receive will be our local election ballot.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Most wards are represented by more than one councillor, so make sure you read the ballot paper carefully and vote for as many or as few candidates as you are allowed to.
Then it’s just a matter of going home and putting your feet up.
The results of the election will be published on this website as soon as possible.