Irish Cultural Centre petition needs support
Only 150 more signatures needed by 1pm today
THE Irish Cultural Centre in Hammersmith is calling on people who live, work or study in the borough to sign their online petition by 1pm today.
They need a further 150 signatures to allow them to present their case to Hammersmith and Fulham Council in a bid to save it from closure.
The Council plans to sell the centre as it looks to recoup millions of pounds in property sales.
In 2009 the council agreed to extend their tenancy from 2012 to 2017 but have since backtracked on the agreement.
You may also want to watch:
Visit this link to sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41351/sign.html
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat