Irish Cultural Centre petition needs support
Only 150 more signatures needed by 1pm today
THE Irish Cultural Centre in Hammersmith is calling on people who live, work or study in the borough to sign their online petition by 1pm today.
They need a further 150 signatures to allow them to present their case to Hammersmith and Fulham Council in a bid to save it from closure.
The Council plans to sell the centre as it looks to recoup millions of pounds in property sales.
In 2009 the council agreed to extend their tenancy from 2012 to 2017 but have since backtracked on the agreement.
You may also want to watch:
Visit this link to sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41351/sign.html
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application