Irish Cultural Centre petition needs support
Only 150 more signatures needed by 1pm today
THE Irish Cultural Centre in Hammersmith is calling on people who live, work or study in the borough to sign their online petition by 1pm today.
They need a further 150 signatures to allow them to present their case to Hammersmith and Fulham Council in a bid to save it from closure.
The Council plans to sell the centre as it looks to recoup millions of pounds in property sales.
In 2009 the council agreed to extend their tenancy from 2012 to 2017 but have since backtracked on the agreement.
You may also want to watch:
Visit this link to sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41351/sign.html
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 6 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 7 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win