Dudden Hill councillor throws hat in ring to become next City Hall member for Brent
- Credit: Archant
A Dudden Hill councillor has thrown his hat in the ring to become Brent’s next London Assembly member.
Cllr Krupesh Hirani hopes to step into Navin Shah's shoes as City Hall's member for Brent & Harrow when he stands down next year after 12 years service.
The council's cabinet member for health, culture and leisure was born and raised in the borough and has represented Dudden Hill since 2010.
He said his top priorities would be to protect police numbers, improve the accessibility of public transport and lead the fight against cuts to local health services.
"I'm standing to be Labour's candidate because I believe Brent and Harrow deserve a representative who really understands the challenges facing our communities," he told the Brent & Kilburn Times.
You may also want to watch:
"Our area has seen enormous change over the past decade, and I am committed to giving local residents a strong voice in City Hall - a voice that will fight to protect the things we all care about."
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden