Dudden Hill councillor throws hat in ring to become next City Hall member for Brent
- Credit: Archant
A Dudden Hill councillor has thrown his hat in the ring to become Brent’s next London Assembly member.
Cllr Krupesh Hirani hopes to step into Navin Shah's shoes as City Hall's member for Brent & Harrow when he stands down next year after 12 years service.
The council's cabinet member for health, culture and leisure was born and raised in the borough and has represented Dudden Hill since 2010.
He said his top priorities would be to protect police numbers, improve the accessibility of public transport and lead the fight against cuts to local health services.
"I'm standing to be Labour's candidate because I believe Brent and Harrow deserve a representative who really understands the challenges facing our communities," he told the Brent & Kilburn Times.
You may also want to watch:
"Our area has seen enormous change over the past decade, and I am committed to giving local residents a strong voice in City Hall - a voice that will fight to protect the things we all care about."
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground