Brent’s youngest ever councillor wins Wembley Central seat
Labour candidate is just 20-years-old
The Labour Party have held on to the Wembley Central seat in yesterday’s by-election.
Krupa Sheth has been voted in as the new councillor following the resignation of Jayesh Mistry for personal and family reasons.
At the age of just 20, Cllr Sheth is also the borough’s youngest ever councillor.
She won the seat with 1402 votes.
Afifa Pervez, the former Lib Dem councillor for the ward, came second with 1022 votes.
Tory candidate Madhuri Davda won 349 votes and Martin Francis for the Green party came fourth with 130 votes.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 'A national shame': Damning review of Euro 2020 final chaos