Brent’s youngest ever councillor wins Wembley Central seat
Labour candidate is just 20-years-old
The Labour Party have held on to the Wembley Central seat in yesterday’s by-election.
Krupa Sheth has been voted in as the new councillor following the resignation of Jayesh Mistry for personal and family reasons.
At the age of just 20, Cllr Sheth is also the borough’s youngest ever councillor.
She won the seat with 1402 votes.
You may also want to watch:
Afifa Pervez, the former Lib Dem councillor for the ward, came second with 1022 votes.
Tory candidate Madhuri Davda won 349 votes and Martin Francis for the Green party came fourth with 130 votes.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods