Brent’s youngest ever councillor wins Wembley Central seat
Labour candidate is just 20-years-old
The Labour Party have held on to the Wembley Central seat in yesterday’s by-election.
Krupa Sheth has been voted in as the new councillor following the resignation of Jayesh Mistry for personal and family reasons.
At the age of just 20, Cllr Sheth is also the borough’s youngest ever councillor.
She won the seat with 1402 votes.
You may also want to watch:
Afifa Pervez, the former Lib Dem councillor for the ward, came second with 1022 votes.
Tory candidate Madhuri Davda won 349 votes and Martin Francis for the Green party came fourth with 130 votes.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids