Brent’s youngest ever councillor wins Wembley Central seat
Labour candidate is just 20-years-old
The Labour Party have held on to the Wembley Central seat in yesterday’s by-election.
Krupa Sheth has been voted in as the new councillor following the resignation of Jayesh Mistry for personal and family reasons.
At the age of just 20, Cllr Sheth is also the borough’s youngest ever councillor.
She won the seat with 1402 votes.
You may also want to watch:
Afifa Pervez, the former Lib Dem councillor for the ward, came second with 1022 votes.
Tory candidate Madhuri Davda won 349 votes and Martin Francis for the Green party came fourth with 130 votes.
- 1 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 7 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 8 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 9 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park