Brent MP launches online advice surgery for constituents
Cases can be submitted with the click of a mouse
A Brent MP has launched a pilot scheme offering advice to constituents at the click of a mouse
Barry Gardiner, Labour MP for Brent North, has become the first Member of Parliament to host an online advice surgery.
Constituents using this service can submit their case online and will receive an email once a response is available.
The quick, efficient and green service saves time writing letters, postage costs and the need to book an appointment
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gardiner said: “I am delighted to be able to launch my new online advice surgery. I am always eager to hear from my constituents and this will give them another way to getting in touch with me.
“It is important that as MPs, we respond to the new ways people are using technology.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Inspirational Riz and child exploitation
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
“Relying on phone calls and letters can be time consuming and inconvenient for many people. This new service is not only more efficient for my constituents, but it is also better for the environment, as well as the taxpayer.”
Adding that he will still be happy to see constituents personally, he said: “I will of course continue to hold my five regular surgeries every month as well as my Sunday visiting programme and coffee mornings.”
To use the advice surgery visit www.barrygardinermp.com.