Brent election 2018: Live coverage of council poll results throughout the night
- Credit: Archant
Join Nathalie Raffray and Mathilde Frot as they report the news and results as they come in live from 10.30pm at the Brent Civic Centre tonight.
Brent Labour are hoping to retain their dominance of the council having wiped out much of the opposition in 2014.
The Conservatives hold only six seats. Leader Cllr John Warren will hope to hang on to his Brondesbury seat and the group as a whole provide greater opposition.The Liberal Democrats, who lost all but one of their seats four years ago, will be hoping to win some back.
The group’s only representative, Cllr Helen Carr, defected the party and became independant in 2016 and is not standing again.
The Green Party is hoping to win its first seat on the council.
You may also want to watch:
Where will Queen’s Park be in the morning? Labour hopes to hang on to it, but Queen’s Park Community Council and the Women’s Equality Party have also put candidates forward.
It all makes for a very interesting night.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
Join us live from 10.30pm tonight and tweet us @bktimes using the hashtag #brentelection2018