Brent election 2018: Live coverage of council poll results throughout the night
- Credit: Archant
Join Nathalie Raffray and Mathilde Frot as they report the news and results as they come in live from 10.30pm at the Brent Civic Centre tonight.
Brent Labour are hoping to retain their dominance of the council having wiped out much of the opposition in 2014.
The Conservatives hold only six seats. Leader Cllr John Warren will hope to hang on to his Brondesbury seat and the group as a whole provide greater opposition.The Liberal Democrats, who lost all but one of their seats four years ago, will be hoping to win some back.
The group’s only representative, Cllr Helen Carr, defected the party and became independant in 2016 and is not standing again.
The Green Party is hoping to win its first seat on the council.
Where will Queen’s Park be in the morning? Labour hopes to hang on to it, but Queen’s Park Community Council and the Women’s Equality Party have also put candidates forward.
It all makes for a very interesting night.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Join us live from 10.30pm tonight and tweet us @bktimes using the hashtag #brentelection2018