Brent election 2018: Live coverage of council poll results throughout the night
- Credit: Archant
Join Nathalie Raffray and Mathilde Frot as they report the news and results as they come in live from 10.30pm at the Brent Civic Centre tonight.
Brent Labour are hoping to retain their dominance of the council having wiped out much of the opposition in 2014.
The Conservatives hold only six seats. Leader Cllr John Warren will hope to hang on to his Brondesbury seat and the group as a whole provide greater opposition.The Liberal Democrats, who lost all but one of their seats four years ago, will be hoping to win some back.
The group’s only representative, Cllr Helen Carr, defected the party and became independant in 2016 and is not standing again.
The Green Party is hoping to win its first seat on the council.
You may also want to watch:
Where will Queen’s Park be in the morning? Labour hopes to hang on to it, but Queen’s Park Community Council and the Women’s Equality Party have also put candidates forward.
It all makes for a very interesting night.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
Join us live from 10.30pm tonight and tweet us @bktimes using the hashtag #brentelection2018