Brent election 2018: Live coverage of council poll results throughout the night
- Credit: Archant
Join Nathalie Raffray and Mathilde Frot as they report the news and results as they come in live from 10.30pm at the Brent Civic Centre tonight.
Brent Labour are hoping to retain their dominance of the council having wiped out much of the opposition in 2014.
The Conservatives hold only six seats. Leader Cllr John Warren will hope to hang on to his Brondesbury seat and the group as a whole provide greater opposition.The Liberal Democrats, who lost all but one of their seats four years ago, will be hoping to win some back.
The group’s only representative, Cllr Helen Carr, defected the party and became independant in 2016 and is not standing again.
The Green Party is hoping to win its first seat on the council.
You may also want to watch:
Where will Queen’s Park be in the morning? Labour hopes to hang on to it, but Queen’s Park Community Council and the Women’s Equality Party have also put candidates forward.
It all makes for a very interesting night.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 6 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
Join us live from 10.30pm tonight and tweet us @bktimes using the hashtag #brentelection2018