Brent Council draws the brakes on the borough’s parking shops to save �250,000
Town hall bosses plan to axe remaining two branches in latest rounds of cuts
Staff who work at the borough’s parking shops face losing their jobs in the latest round of cuts by Brent Council.
At the moment there are two parking shops in Brent where people pay their fines and buy their permits.
They are Pyramid House, in Fourth Way, Wembley and Walm Lane Parking Shop, in Walm Lane, Willesden.
But the council is now consulting on plans to axe them to save a quarter of a million pounds.
There are about 10 members of staff who work at the shops who are employed by APCOA, the council’s parking contractor.
A spokesman for the local authority said: “At this stage, it is too early to comment on whether people would lose their jobs or be redeployed into different roles.”
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
The changes are intended to provide a more modern service which would accessed entirely online.
The option for customers to make payments in other shops or over the phone is also being investigated.
The consultation on the changes runs until March 11.
If the council goes ahead with the plans the parking shops could closed between July and September this year.
People who want to have their say should complete an online questionnaire by visiting www.brent.gov.uk/consultation; Alternatively request a questionnaire by emailing email@example.com call 020 8937 5252 or complete one at the parking shop.
* Are you affected by the plans to close Brent’s parking shops? Email firstname.lastname@example.org