Brent Council draws the brakes on the borough’s parking shops to save �250,000
Town hall bosses plan to axe remaining two branches in latest rounds of cuts
Staff who work at the borough’s parking shops face losing their jobs in the latest round of cuts by Brent Council.
At the moment there are two parking shops in Brent where people pay their fines and buy their permits.
They are Pyramid House, in Fourth Way, Wembley and Walm Lane Parking Shop, in Walm Lane, Willesden.
But the council is now consulting on plans to axe them to save a quarter of a million pounds.
You may also want to watch:
There are about 10 members of staff who work at the shops who are employed by APCOA, the council’s parking contractor.
A spokesman for the local authority said: “At this stage, it is too early to comment on whether people would lose their jobs or be redeployed into different roles.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
The changes are intended to provide a more modern service which would accessed entirely online.
The option for customers to make payments in other shops or over the phone is also being investigated.
The consultation on the changes runs until March 11.
If the council goes ahead with the plans the parking shops could closed between July and September this year.
People who want to have their say should complete an online questionnaire by visiting www.brent.gov.uk/consultation; Alternatively request a questionnaire by emailing email@example.com call 020 8937 5252 or complete one at the parking shop.
* Are you affected by the plans to close Brent’s parking shops? Email firstname.lastname@example.org