Brent Council cabinet member resigns from role
- Credit: Archant
A Brent Council cabinet member has handed in his resignation for ‘personal reasons’ -just three months after being elected.
Cllr Keith Perrin, is stepping down as lead member for environment but will stay on as a ward councillor for Northwick Park.
His exact reasons for resigning have not been disclosed by the council.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of the council said: “I would like to thank Keith for all the hard work, time and effort he has put in to help move this council forward.
“He has made a significant contribution to the work of the cabinet and I know he will continue to serve local people well in his role as ward councillor for Northwick Park.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Perrin refused to comment when contacted by the Times.
The workload of the lead member for environment will be taken on by Cllr Butt for the immediate future.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden