Brent Council cabinet member resigns from role
- Credit: Archant
A Brent Council cabinet member has handed in his resignation for ‘personal reasons’ -just three months after being elected.
Cllr Keith Perrin, is stepping down as lead member for environment but will stay on as a ward councillor for Northwick Park.
His exact reasons for resigning have not been disclosed by the council.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of the council said: “I would like to thank Keith for all the hard work, time and effort he has put in to help move this council forward.
“He has made a significant contribution to the work of the cabinet and I know he will continue to serve local people well in his role as ward councillor for Northwick Park.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Perrin refused to comment when contacted by the Times.
The workload of the lead member for environment will be taken on by Cllr Butt for the immediate future.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley