Brent Council cabinet member resigns from role
- Credit: Archant
A Brent Council cabinet member has handed in his resignation for ‘personal reasons’ -just three months after being elected.
Cllr Keith Perrin, is stepping down as lead member for environment but will stay on as a ward councillor for Northwick Park.
His exact reasons for resigning have not been disclosed by the council.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of the council said: “I would like to thank Keith for all the hard work, time and effort he has put in to help move this council forward.
“He has made a significant contribution to the work of the cabinet and I know he will continue to serve local people well in his role as ward councillor for Northwick Park.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Perrin refused to comment when contacted by the Times.
The workload of the lead member for environment will be taken on by Cllr Butt for the immediate future.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 9 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury