Live hen found in Asda store in Park Royal
- Credit: Archant
Why did the chicken cross the road? To shop at Asda it seems.
The branch in Park Royal had an unusual visitor sitting on a bench outside its store - Henrietta the hen.
The extremely distinctive grey and red bird is very talkative and kept staff entertained for hours.
Some of the staff wanted to check her temperature and googled what it should be to ensure she was at a healthy rate but all that came up was how to cook chicken recipes!
Needless to say they did not show these to Henrietta.
You may also want to watch:
Staff from The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green , collected Henrietta and gave her a clean bill of health following checks.
She has since been housed in a farm in Brent but she laid an egg as a goodbye present to Mayhew before she left.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
Ursula Goetz, Mayhew’s chide vet, said: “She’s in really good condition. She’s extremely chatty and full of personality. We checked her over carefully and she’s happy and healthy and obviously felt safe enough to lay us an egg.
“We will miss her.”
If you would like to adopt one of the Mayhew’s pets please visit themayhew.org or call 0208 962 8009.