Search

Harlesden restaurant blaze likely caused by a lithium battery, says brigade

PUBLISHED: 09:57 24 October 2018 | UPDATED: 09:57 24 October 2018

Fire crews in High Street, Harlesden, where a blaze broke out in a restaurant basement. Picture@LondonFire

Fire crews in High Street, Harlesden, where a blaze broke out in a restaurant basement. Picture@LondonFire

Archant

Fire chiefs investigating a blaze in a Harlesden restaurant believe it may have been started by issues with a lithium battery.

Crews were called to a fire at a coffee shop on the High Street on Monday at 12.40pm.

Three people managed to leave the property before the brigade arrived.

A basement kitchen was destroyed in the blaze which took just under two hours to put out.

A LFB spokesperson said: “The brigade’s fire investigation team believe the most likely cause of the fire was an issue with a lithium battery, either from metal touching the contacts or from mechanical damage.”

There were no reports of any injuries.

The Brigade was called at 12.40pm and the fire was under control at 14.25pm.

Eight fire engines and more than 60 fire crews came from Willesden, Park Royal, North Kensington, Acton and surrounding fire stations attended the scene.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times