Lightening the Night Student Review to showcase emerging talent in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A Kensal Rise singer songwriter is holding a donation only gig showcasing young emerging talent.
Laura Matthews is hosting the second Lightening Strikes Student Revue at The Elmwood Tennis Club, in Holland Road, this evening from 7pm.
The musician has gathered students of piano and singing who will perform tunes such as Hotel California, Bohemian Rhapsody and covers from Abba and Elton.
Headline act the 4Tunes is an all-girl band featuring talented 12 and 13 year olds who will finish off the night with their style and attitude.
The social evening has a BBQ laid on and bar.
You may also want to watch:
Lightening the Night puts on monthly live music nights at the tennis club house featuring Country crossover band Laura and the Flakes.
Laura said: "Children are very welcome. Please bring money for the hat.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 10 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
"We are raising money to pay for a camera man to film and to create a magical short video of the event."