Library has a new chapter
A NEWLY refurbished library is opening with greatly enhanced facilities. Harlesden Library in Craven Park Road, has undergone a �2 million revamp which includes a �100,000 stock of new books and DVDs, a Black Identity area, and expanded computing facilit
A NEWLY refurbished library is opening with greatly enhanced facilities.
Harlesden Library in Craven Park Road, has undergone a �2 million revamp which includes a �100,000 stock of new books and DVDs, a Black Identity area, and expanded computing facilities and study space, opens on Monday, March, 8.
Cllr James Allie, Brent Council's lead member for customer services, said: "This facility is another step forward in the transformation of the way people access Brent Council's services.
"Our customers rightly expect those services to be easy to access and use."
You may also want to watch:
Brent residents and schoolchildren were consulted on the redesign, which also includes facilities for handing in council documents, interview rooms for pre-arranged appointments, and touch-screen computers for free council information and advice.
Cllr Irwin Van Colle, Brent Council's lead member for environment, culture and planning, said: "I am pleased that Harlesden Library Plus has retained the traditional charm of this important building and its place in the Harlesden street scene, whilst hugely improving the library services on offer.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 4 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 8 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition