Library campaigners take part in annual charity run for their cause
- Credit: Archant
Friends of Barham Library members Cllr Paul Lorber, Peter Corcoran and Syed Shah put their best foot forward
Library campaigners joined in the fun on an annual charity run to raise funds for their community reading room.
Fresh from marathon exploits in Bratislava, Friends of Barham Library members Cllr Paul Lorber, Peter Corcoran and Syed Shah took part in the 10km run and walk.
Children as young as three through to participants in their nineties took part in the Annual Challenge at BAP Shri Swaminarayan Mandir – known as Neasden temple, in Brentfield Road, Neasden, on Sunday.
More than 3,000 adults and children ran, jogged or walked the 10km from the temple to King Edward VII Park in Park Lane, Wembley, where they did two laps before returning.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lorber, who was raising money for FOBL, said: “As always the Swaminarayan Temple organised a fantastic event.”
The run also raised money for BAPS Charities and its national beneficiary partner, KIDS, as well as various other charities and good causes.”
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 8 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
The group, which runs a volunteer library in Wembley High Road are campaigning and raising funds to open a reading room.
n To sponsor Cllr Lorber visit www.virginmoneygiving.co.uk/paullorber for more information about BAPS Charities visit www.bapscharities.org.uk.