Ledesma set for shock return to QPR
EMMANUEL Ledesma is in line for a return to QPR on a free transfer.
Midfielder Ledesma, who was on loan at Loftus Road during the 2008/09 campaign, is back at the club on trial, and featured in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Charlton on Monday afternoon.
The 22-year-old Argentine’s return to west London is with a view to signing a short-term contract if he impresses manager Neil Warnock.
Ledesma made an immediate impact following his move to Rangers from Italian side Genoa after the clubs agreed a year-long loan deal and a �2.2m fee for his permanent transfer.
However, he subsequently fell out of favour, returning to Italy before the end of that season, and has since had spells with second-tier clubs Salernitana, Novaro and, more recently, Crotone.
You may also want to watch:
But he has remained a favourite of QPR chairman Gianni Paladini, and bringing him back has been mooted on several occasions before now.
Rangers are also having another look at 23-year-old Cambridge City striker Craig Hammond, who is on trial for the second time.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
After a prolific spell at Histon, Hammond was invited to train with the Rs last February. He has netted 22 goals this season for his current club.