Leaky defences promise goals as QPR visit Norwich
Best bets: Norwich City v QPR
Having started the season at 11/2 to face the drop, QPR’s relegation odds have been slashed into 7/2 with Stan James following last week’s nightmare start.
The good news, however, is that they face the bookies’ favourites to go down in Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon – a side who also lost 5-0 last weekend.
With the presence of two vulnerable defences coming face-to-face in Norfolk, it’s no surprise to learn that punters have punched the ‘goals’ button, with midweek support for the game producing 4-6 goals at BetVictor’s 21/10.
As for who will score the most goals out of the two sides after 90 minutes, then Stan James go 5/4 about the Canaries taking all three points, with Rangers an attractive 12/5 via bet365.
You may also want to watch:
It’s somewhat surprising that the bookies are taking such a risk about Mark Hughes’s men in what looks a tight encounter, although history does favour the men in yellow and green as they beat Rangers five times during their last seven meetings.
With only one goal splitting the duo in a majority of those clashes, however, draw backers may like the look of BetVictor’s 12/5 for the pair cancelling each other out, where both halves to finish all square appears at 9/2 (Skybet).
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
Should this fascinating clash indeed prove tight, then consideration has to be given to Paddy Power’s 8/13 about QPR winning with a one-goal start in the handicaps, though confident backers not looking for assistance can opt instead for a 2-1 away win at Ladbrokes’ 10/1.
A good start for the visitors would certainly do their confidence wonders, and should they take the lead at Skybet’s 11/10, then there is every chance of Bobby Zamora netting the first at William Hill’s 8/1 – the same price as Adel Taarabt.
Less accurate backers may instead be interested in BetVictor’s intriguing market concerning the method of the game’s first goal, with a ‘shot’ favourite at 8/15 and a ‘header’ at 22/5 – let’s just hope it’s Rangers that get it.
Odds supplied by Betrescue