Leaky defences promise goals as QPR visit Norwich
Best bets: Norwich City v QPR
Having started the season at 11/2 to face the drop, QPR’s relegation odds have been slashed into 7/2 with Stan James following last week’s nightmare start.
The good news, however, is that they face the bookies’ favourites to go down in Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon – a side who also lost 5-0 last weekend.
With the presence of two vulnerable defences coming face-to-face in Norfolk, it’s no surprise to learn that punters have punched the ‘goals’ button, with midweek support for the game producing 4-6 goals at BetVictor’s 21/10.
As for who will score the most goals out of the two sides after 90 minutes, then Stan James go 5/4 about the Canaries taking all three points, with Rangers an attractive 12/5 via bet365.
It’s somewhat surprising that the bookies are taking such a risk about Mark Hughes’s men in what looks a tight encounter, although history does favour the men in yellow and green as they beat Rangers five times during their last seven meetings.
With only one goal splitting the duo in a majority of those clashes, however, draw backers may like the look of BetVictor’s 12/5 for the pair cancelling each other out, where both halves to finish all square appears at 9/2 (Skybet).
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
Should this fascinating clash indeed prove tight, then consideration has to be given to Paddy Power’s 8/13 about QPR winning with a one-goal start in the handicaps, though confident backers not looking for assistance can opt instead for a 2-1 away win at Ladbrokes’ 10/1.
A good start for the visitors would certainly do their confidence wonders, and should they take the lead at Skybet’s 11/10, then there is every chance of Bobby Zamora netting the first at William Hill’s 8/1 – the same price as Adel Taarabt.
Less accurate backers may instead be interested in BetVictor’s intriguing market concerning the method of the game’s first goal, with a ‘shot’ favourite at 8/15 and a ‘header’ at 22/5 – let’s just hope it’s Rangers that get it.
Odds supplied by Betrescue