Latest phase of £600m regeneration of South Kilburn completed
- Credit: Archant
Commemorative plaque unveiled at launch of Bourne Place
A commemorative plaque has been unveiled to mark the completion of the latest phase the South Kilburn regeneration programme.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, attended the launch of Bourne Place which contains 134 homes of mixed one-bed, two-bed and three-bed flats, including some split-level, duplex apartments.
The £600m scheme has already seen the demolition of some of the 1960s concrete blocks and high-rise towers on the estate which will be replaced with 2,400 new homes.
Cllr Butt said: “I was delighted to mark the completion of the latest phase of this fantastic scheme, which is transforming people’s lives in South Kilburn. “Regeneration is the main tool we have to create more jobs, better-quality homes and a better standard of living for all Brent residents.”
You may also want to watch:
In December, 50 homes were created in South Kilburn when Merle Court was officially unveiled.
The block was named after resident Merle Barriteau in recognition of her tireless community work.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
For more information about Bourne Place visit www.bourneplace.com.
Bourne Place is made up of 134 apartments, of which 75 are General Needs, 29 are Shared Ownership and 30 are for outright private sale