Late Sinclair goal gives Peterborough win over QPR
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Peterborough 1 QPR 0
QPR slipped to a late defeat in a lethargic pre-season clash with Peterborough United.
Emile Sinclair scored inside the final five minutes to settle a low-key match played in sweltering temperatures of 30 degrees celcius at London Road.
Peterborough were the better side throughout, with Armand Traore’s second-minute shot, saved easily by Bobby Olejnik, the sum total of QPR’s first-half efforts.
Grant McCann’s early free kick was held by Rob Green, before McCann let fly from distance with a shot which had Green sprawling as it whistled just past the keeper’s near post.
You may also want to watch:
And Green was in action again with a save from Nathanial Mendez-Laing, while Yohanne Lasimant had a goal disallowed for the hosts, the ball having gone out of play.
Stephane Mbia picked up a knock and was replaced by Alejandro Faurlin in the second half, and almost immediately Faurlin forced Olijnik into a fingertip save with a sublime free-kick.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
Both sides made plenty of changes, with a goal rarely looking likely.
However, well inside the closing five minutes a cross deflected up off Nedum Onuoha and was touched into the net by Sinclair, to give the home side the win.
QPR: Green, Simpson (Young), Traore (Yun-Suk Young), Hill (Ferdinand), Park (Hoilett), Johnson (Mackie), Onuoha, Wright-Phillips (Derry), Jenas (Granero), Mbia (Faurlin), Zamora.