Late Sinclair goal gives Peterborough win over QPR
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Peterborough 1 QPR 0
QPR slipped to a late defeat in a lethargic pre-season clash with Peterborough United.
Emile Sinclair scored inside the final five minutes to settle a low-key match played in sweltering temperatures of 30 degrees celcius at London Road.
Peterborough were the better side throughout, with Armand Traore’s second-minute shot, saved easily by Bobby Olejnik, the sum total of QPR’s first-half efforts.
Grant McCann’s early free kick was held by Rob Green, before McCann let fly from distance with a shot which had Green sprawling as it whistled just past the keeper’s near post.
And Green was in action again with a save from Nathanial Mendez-Laing, while Yohanne Lasimant had a goal disallowed for the hosts, the ball having gone out of play.
Stephane Mbia picked up a knock and was replaced by Alejandro Faurlin in the second half, and almost immediately Faurlin forced Olijnik into a fingertip save with a sublime free-kick.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
Both sides made plenty of changes, with a goal rarely looking likely.
However, well inside the closing five minutes a cross deflected up off Nedum Onuoha and was touched into the net by Sinclair, to give the home side the win.
QPR: Green, Simpson (Young), Traore (Yun-Suk Young), Hill (Ferdinand), Park (Hoilett), Johnson (Mackie), Onuoha, Wright-Phillips (Derry), Jenas (Granero), Mbia (Faurlin), Zamora.