Kingsbury woman finds dead mouse in popcorn bought in Tesco store
- Credit: Archant
A night in watching a DVD while enjoying some popcorn will never be the same for one woman from Kingsbury after she found a dead mouse in her bag.
The horrified resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, discovered the rodent lying in the packet of Island Sun popping corn bought from the Tesco Metro in Burnt Oak.
Both she and her 24-year-old son had already eaten a portion of popcorn made from the kernels, after opening the packet an hour earlier, and were in the process of making more when they made the discovery on Sunday.
She said: “I have been throwing up for the last few days since I found it and have hardly been able to eat anything.
“I feel so sick, so sick to the stomach to think I made a bowl of popcorn from this bag.
You may also want to watch:
“My son feels the same. We are traumatised.”
The grandmother-of-three said she had left a voicemail message with Brent Council’s environmental health office to report the find and is waiting for a return call.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
- 10 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
She said: “All the packets from that store should be recalled and an investigation launched into how this happened.
“I’ve been unable to touch anything else that was in the cupboard alongside this packet and I will have to throw it all out when I find the courage. I can never eat popcorn again.”
A Tesco spokesman said: “We take complaints about products bought in our stores extremely seriously and were disappointed to hear of this incident.
“We have asked the customer to return the product to us and we will work with our branded supplier to help them investigate the issue thoroughly. We will update our customer as soon as the investigation is complete.”