Kingsbury woman finds dead mouse in popcorn bought in Tesco store
- Credit: Archant
A night in watching a DVD while enjoying some popcorn will never be the same for one woman from Kingsbury after she found a dead mouse in her bag.
The horrified resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, discovered the rodent lying in the packet of Island Sun popping corn bought from the Tesco Metro in Burnt Oak.
Both she and her 24-year-old son had already eaten a portion of popcorn made from the kernels, after opening the packet an hour earlier, and were in the process of making more when they made the discovery on Sunday.
She said: “I have been throwing up for the last few days since I found it and have hardly been able to eat anything.
“I feel so sick, so sick to the stomach to think I made a bowl of popcorn from this bag.
You may also want to watch:
“My son feels the same. We are traumatised.”
The grandmother-of-three said she had left a voicemail message with Brent Council’s environmental health office to report the find and is waiting for a return call.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
She said: “All the packets from that store should be recalled and an investigation launched into how this happened.
“I’ve been unable to touch anything else that was in the cupboard alongside this packet and I will have to throw it all out when I find the courage. I can never eat popcorn again.”
A Tesco spokesman said: “We take complaints about products bought in our stores extremely seriously and were disappointed to hear of this incident.
“We have asked the customer to return the product to us and we will work with our branded supplier to help them investigate the issue thoroughly. We will update our customer as soon as the investigation is complete.”