Kingsbury students use their baking skills to raise �350 for charity
Money from lunchtime sales donated to Cancer Research
Kind hearted students from Kingsbury raised hundreds of pounds for charity in quick fire time.
The students, from Kingsbury High School, raised �350 for Cancer Research in just 40 minutes of frantic lunch time cake selling.
While researching the charity, the students learnt that in 2008, 7.6 million people died of cancer, accounting for 13 per cent of all deaths worldwide.
Year 11 student, Krupa Gaglani said: “I feel honoured to be part of such a great community that comes together to help fight cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fun, as well as an emotional experience.”
The cake sale saw around 12 students joined by the heads of their year.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley