Kingsbury students raise more than �200 for men’s health charities
Staff and pupils sported various styles of moustaches in sponsored chess session
Students in Kingsbury showed the many personalities a moustache can bring while raising vital funds for charity.
Staff and pupils from Kingsbury High School, sported various styles of moustache, during a marathon chess session at the school in Princes Avenue.
The event last week raised more than �200 towards men’s health issues including prostate and testicular cancer.
Amrit Minhas, a 14-year-old student at the school said: “Chess Club runs every week. This week, Chess Club was combined with the Movember fundraiser, to raise awareness for men’s health.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great fun. I was crowned Miss Movember because I wore my moustache throughout the whole day.”
A total of �233.55 was raised throughout the course of the traditional Movember fundraising, which encourages people to grow extravagant moustaches throughout November to raise money for charity.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Shabaz Sayed, a science teacher said: “Movember was a chance for us at Kingsbury High School to pull together and raise awareness and money for Men’s Health, more particularly prostate and testicular cancer.
“With a packed room, we had loads of laughs and managed to raise some money adding to our Movember fund.
“I think this has highlighted the community spirit here at KHS and I would like to thank everyone for their support and donations!”