Kingsbury: special needs school merger
These pictures of a new school have been released by the council to give parents a first look at the plans. The proposed scheme – Hay Lane and Grove Park special schools – in Kingsbury, involves building a new school on the site shared by the two schools
THESE pictures of a new school have been released by the council to give parents a first look at the plans.
The proposed scheme - Hay Lane and Grove Park special schools - in Kingsbury, involves building a new school on the site shared by the two schools in Grove Park, due to open in 2013.
The re-build is being paid for by Brent Council which has invested �21 million into the project, together with �8m of government funding awarded to the authority to help improve special educational needs (SEN) in the borough.
Kay Johnson, the head teacher, said: "This new school will ensure that children with very complex needs and learning difficulties have access to the best possible provision and opportunities.
"Our new vision for the school is to maintain and improve our links with the local community and establish a centre of excellence which is embraced and valued."
A short break centre, providing care for many of the parents and children at Hay Lane and Grove Park schools, as well as pupils from other schools, will also be developed on the site.
- 1 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 2 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 3 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 4 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 5 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 6 The Fellowship: Highly charged look at the children of Windrush
- 7 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 8 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 9 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 10 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
From September 2010, Hay Lane and Grove Park will be known as the Village School, managed by a single governing body.
A planning application for the new Village School is likely to be submitted in the autumn, followed by a three-month consultation for members before the application is considered by the council's planning committee.
An open day is planned for the autumn.
Any parents, staff, pupils or residents wanting to know more about the new school can visit