Kingsbury residents rubbish Brent Council’s waste collection service
Fly-tipped eyesore is still there three weeks afterit was reported
A MOUNTAIN of commercial waste dumped by fly-tippers continues to block a residential side street despite the council being notified three weeks ago.
Brent Council was notified of the mess in Moot Court, off Fryent Way, Kingsbury, on October 11, but has sofar failed to act.
On its website, it asks residents to report incidents of fly-tipping and states ‘we will arrange for it to be removed within 24 hours of your report’.
John Bunn, whose house overlooks the unsightly mound, said: “It’s absolutely disgraceful. It’s a health hazard. There are rats there now. It’s just left to build up and nobody does anything about it. I reported it to the Council on October 11 and it’s still there now.”
You may also want to watch:
The Council is responsible for clearing fly-tipped rubbish on public land only.
It will then go through the waste in an attempt to find and prosecute those responsible.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
A council spokesperson said: “The flytip hasn’t been reported to us. It is on land belonging to Brent Housing Partnership and clearing it up is their responsibility, so the report may well have been made to them.”
* To report a fly-tip call Brent Council on 0208 937 5050.