Kingsbury couple scoops cruise ship prize
Retired teachers treated to exclusive VIP trip
A couple from Kingsbury have been treated to an exclusive VIP trip on a cruise ship.
Retired teachers, Stephen and Sally Wells, of Valley Drive, were among the first ever passengers on board Viking River Cruises’ newest vessel, the Viking Prestige, which sailed its first voyage last week.
The married couple sailed from Cologne on June 28 arriving in Amsterdam the next morning where they toured the city. Mr Wells, 59, said: “As a retired physics teacher I was interested in the technicalities of the boat and how it was structured.
“This is one of the very few times we have ever won something. I was surprised. We thoroughly enjoyed it and it was great to be classed as VIPs.”
You may also want to watch:
The 188 luxury passenger ship boasts French balconies, public areas, restaurant, lounge and library as well as unobstructed panoramic views throughout.
Mrs Wells, 59, added: “To be the first on board the Viking Prestige has been fantastic and we were honoured to have been chosen, it really has been a special experience and one that will last long in our memories.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
“It is a fabulous ship and the trip has been fantastic. We have been treated like royalty.”
For more information and to book a trip, call 020 8780 7979 or visit