Kingsbury boxer Audley Harrison stars in Celebrity Big Brother
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Kingsbury boxer Audley Harrison has swapped his gloves for a stint of reality TV for the second time by taking part in Celebrity Big Brother.
The sportsman, who previous took part in Strictly Come Dancing in 2011, has entered the house with 13 other television personalities
He is joined by former boxing promoter Kellie Maloney, Ex-Emmerdale actress Claire King and Deirdre Kelly, known as ‘white Dee’, who rose to notoriety in the Channel 4 documentary series Benefits Street.
Mr Harrison, a 6ft 6in university graduate, won gold medals at the 1998 Commonwealth Games and the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, turning professional the following year. He famously donned a Keep Stonebridge Adventure Playground Open t-shirt, minutes before his World heavyweight fight with David Haye that saw him knocked-out inside three rounds in November 2010.
The playground in Shakespeare Avenue, Stonebridge, had been battling to stay open due to a lack of funding but was reprieved following his fight.
He announced his decision to retire in May last year but after reversing that decision he has yet to enter the ring again.
Mr Harrison is a regular visitor to schools in Brent where he gives inspirational talks to students.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley