Kingsbury boxer Audley Harrison stars in Celebrity Big Brother
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Kingsbury boxer Audley Harrison has swapped his gloves for a stint of reality TV for the second time by taking part in Celebrity Big Brother.
The sportsman, who previous took part in Strictly Come Dancing in 2011, has entered the house with 13 other television personalities
He is joined by former boxing promoter Kellie Maloney, Ex-Emmerdale actress Claire King and Deirdre Kelly, known as ‘white Dee’, who rose to notoriety in the Channel 4 documentary series Benefits Street.
Mr Harrison, a 6ft 6in university graduate, won gold medals at the 1998 Commonwealth Games and the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, turning professional the following year. He famously donned a Keep Stonebridge Adventure Playground Open t-shirt, minutes before his World heavyweight fight with David Haye that saw him knocked-out inside three rounds in November 2010.
The playground in Shakespeare Avenue, Stonebridge, had been battling to stay open due to a lack of funding but was reprieved following his fight.
You may also want to watch:
He announced his decision to retire in May last year but after reversing that decision he has yet to enter the ring again.
Mr Harrison is a regular visitor to schools in Brent where he gives inspirational talks to students.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 10 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood