Kingsbury boxer Audley Harrison stars in Celebrity Big Brother
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Kingsbury boxer Audley Harrison has swapped his gloves for a stint of reality TV for the second time by taking part in Celebrity Big Brother.
The sportsman, who previous took part in Strictly Come Dancing in 2011, has entered the house with 13 other television personalities
He is joined by former boxing promoter Kellie Maloney, Ex-Emmerdale actress Claire King and Deirdre Kelly, known as ‘white Dee’, who rose to notoriety in the Channel 4 documentary series Benefits Street.
Mr Harrison, a 6ft 6in university graduate, won gold medals at the 1998 Commonwealth Games and the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, turning professional the following year. He famously donned a Keep Stonebridge Adventure Playground Open t-shirt, minutes before his World heavyweight fight with David Haye that saw him knocked-out inside three rounds in November 2010.
The playground in Shakespeare Avenue, Stonebridge, had been battling to stay open due to a lack of funding but was reprieved following his fight.
You may also want to watch:
He announced his decision to retire in May last year but after reversing that decision he has yet to enter the ring again.
Mr Harrison is a regular visitor to schools in Brent where he gives inspirational talks to students.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man