Kingsbury beauty salon Hospycare Unisex Salon takes crown in Afro Hair Beauty awards
- Credit: Archant
A beauty salon in Kingsbury has won the Afro Hair Beauty Best Shot Stylist Award 2018.
Jasmine Dale, owner of Hospycare Unisex Salon, won the award after beating six finalists at the Business Design Centre in Islington.
Jasmine told the Brent & Kilburn Times: “This is really exciting. Winning is a real door opener to different competitions and working on television.”
Along with the trophy, Jasmine was also given expensive GHD beauty products.
Contestants were selected based on Instagram submissions and invited to attend the competition. She had entered previously and was a runner-up in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I told my husband if I didn’t win it this year I wasn’t going to bother again.”
Jasmine plans to launch her YouTube channel “Innovation Hairology” in September. The channel is about “hair science” and will help people to better understand their hair and how to look after it.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer