Kilburn woman to abseil down St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington for charity
- Credit: Archant
While most workers enjoy a sandwich at lunch time a Kilburn woman will be using hers to abseil down a hospital wall for charity.
Aisling Buckley will climb down the side of the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother building at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, during her one hour break this Friday.
The 27-year-old, who is an assistant psychologist at the hospital, will raise funds for the Imperial College Healthcare Charity.
The charity, chosen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to celebrate the birth of the royal baby, raises money for clinical research and healthcare studies that aim to improve the care delivered to patients at St Mary’s, Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea and Western Eye hospitals.
Ms Buckley said: “I abseiled down a 20 foot climbing wall when I was 15 as part of a school trip. I imagine this time it will be a completely different experience.
“Abseiling is on my list of things I would like to do, maybe just the once, so this was a perfect opportunity to tick it off the list and all in a lunch hour!”
Ms Buckley hopes the generosity of her friends, family and work colleagues will help her reach her £130 target by donating through her JustGiving page.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
She added: “Some of my friends have said that they will try to come down to cheer me on when I’m doing the abseil, which is lovely.”
Places are still available for anyone over the age of 18 who wants to take part and raise funds for the hospital charity.
No previous experience is required and registration for the event is £20 with a minimum sponsorship of £130 per person.
For more information, or to register for the event, contact Claire Teager on 0203 312 2205 or visit the charity’s website at www.imperial.nhs.uk/imperialcharity.
To sponsor Ms Buckley visit http://www.justgiving.com/Aisling-Buckley2.