Kilburn woman receives Action on Hearing Loss award
Charity recognises Mary Caparas for her volunteer work
A charity volunteer has been rewarded for her dedication to improving the lives of deaf and heard of hearing people.
Mary Caparas, 32, from Kilburn, received a regional champion of inspiring leadership award from Action on Hearing Loss in recognition of her tireless commitment to care and support services, and support to the charity’s legal team.
Ms Caparas was presented with a trophy and certificate to celebrate her outstanding achievement.
She said: “Volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss is always enjoyable and it’s tremendously rewarding being able to help improve the lives of deaf and hard of hearing people in my local area. I am overjoyed to have been given this award and thrilled I have helped such a worthwhile charity make a real difference.”
You may also want to watch:
Action on Hearing Loss is currently seeking volunteers for a wide-range of activities, such as fundraising, support for hearing aid wearers and much more.
For more information call Kelly Broome on 01273 669 468 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley