Kilburn woman receives Action on Hearing Loss award
Charity recognises Mary Caparas for her volunteer work
A charity volunteer has been rewarded for her dedication to improving the lives of deaf and heard of hearing people.
Mary Caparas, 32, from Kilburn, received a regional champion of inspiring leadership award from Action on Hearing Loss in recognition of her tireless commitment to care and support services, and support to the charity’s legal team.
Ms Caparas was presented with a trophy and certificate to celebrate her outstanding achievement.
She said: “Volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss is always enjoyable and it’s tremendously rewarding being able to help improve the lives of deaf and hard of hearing people in my local area. I am overjoyed to have been given this award and thrilled I have helped such a worthwhile charity make a real difference.”
You may also want to watch:
Action on Hearing Loss is currently seeking volunteers for a wide-range of activities, such as fundraising, support for hearing aid wearers and much more.
For more information call Kelly Broome on 01273 669 468 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 2 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 3 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 4 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 5 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 6 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 7 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 8 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 9 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 10 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs