Kilburn teenager nears the end of mammoth marathon challenge
Epic quest to run 12 races in 20 days to raise money for Romanian children
A Kilburn teenager is nearing the end of a mammoth test as he draws ever closer to completing the daunting challenge of 12 marathons in just 20 days.
Arthur Gallimore, who lives in Mortimer Crescent, is on an epic running quest from Land’s End in Cornwall to the Olympic Stadium in East London to raise money for Romanian children.
The mission began on April 2 and the 18-year-old has barely paused for breath since having completed his tenth gruelling 26.2 mile course just yesterday, April 17, barely two weeks after setting off.
Arthur’s journey has seen him take in more than 200 miles pass through five different counties all the while packing in 4,000 calories per day to keep the legs moving.
You may also want to watch:
The gap-year student is raising money for Romanian charity LimXPo.
The charity run a project called Helping Hands in Romania to engage deprived young children in education and activities to help them achieve the best in life.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
The former Gladstone Park Primary School pupil is just �1,000 away from his target of �5,000 and will be on the finishing straight this Saturday, April 21, as he makes his way from Park Royal to Stratford, where an Olympic sized reception will await him.
To donate to the cause visit Arhtur’s just giving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Arthur-Gallimore