Kilburn teenager nears the end of mammoth marathon challenge
Epic quest to run 12 races in 20 days to raise money for Romanian children
A Kilburn teenager is nearing the end of a mammoth test as he draws ever closer to completing the daunting challenge of 12 marathons in just 20 days.
Arthur Gallimore, who lives in Mortimer Crescent, is on an epic running quest from Land’s End in Cornwall to the Olympic Stadium in East London to raise money for Romanian children.
The mission began on April 2 and the 18-year-old has barely paused for breath since having completed his tenth gruelling 26.2 mile course just yesterday, April 17, barely two weeks after setting off.
Arthur’s journey has seen him take in more than 200 miles pass through five different counties all the while packing in 4,000 calories per day to keep the legs moving.
You may also want to watch:
The gap-year student is raising money for Romanian charity LimXPo.
The charity run a project called Helping Hands in Romania to engage deprived young children in education and activities to help them achieve the best in life.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
The former Gladstone Park Primary School pupil is just �1,000 away from his target of �5,000 and will be on the finishing straight this Saturday, April 21, as he makes his way from Park Royal to Stratford, where an Olympic sized reception will await him.
To donate to the cause visit Arhtur’s just giving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Arthur-Gallimore