Kilburn teenager nears the end of mammoth marathon challenge
Epic quest to run 12 races in 20 days to raise money for Romanian children
A Kilburn teenager is nearing the end of a mammoth test as he draws ever closer to completing the daunting challenge of 12 marathons in just 20 days.
Arthur Gallimore, who lives in Mortimer Crescent, is on an epic running quest from Land’s End in Cornwall to the Olympic Stadium in East London to raise money for Romanian children.
The mission began on April 2 and the 18-year-old has barely paused for breath since having completed his tenth gruelling 26.2 mile course just yesterday, April 17, barely two weeks after setting off.
Arthur’s journey has seen him take in more than 200 miles pass through five different counties all the while packing in 4,000 calories per day to keep the legs moving.
You may also want to watch:
The gap-year student is raising money for Romanian charity LimXPo.
The charity run a project called Helping Hands in Romania to engage deprived young children in education and activities to help them achieve the best in life.
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
The former Gladstone Park Primary School pupil is just �1,000 away from his target of �5,000 and will be on the finishing straight this Saturday, April 21, as he makes his way from Park Royal to Stratford, where an Olympic sized reception will await him.
To donate to the cause visit Arhtur’s just giving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Arthur-Gallimore