Kilburn residents enjoy a big lunch out in the sun
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 people enjoyed an afternoon of entertainment, food and drink in Charteris Road
High spirits were met with good weather this weekend for the annual Charteris Big Lunch event in Kilburn.
Around 200 residents gathered in Charteris Road to enjoy an afternoon of entertainment, food and drink.
Launched in 2009 the Big Lunch aims to get as many people across the country to break bread with their neighbours in a simple act of community, friendship and fun.
This year had extra significance as residents celebrated the successful re-opening of Charteris Sports Centre which residents campaigned to retain.
You may also want to watch:
Lloyd Fothergill, a member of the Save Charteris Group told the Times: “Highlights included an acrobatic display of Capoeria and massed Zumba dancing.
“The main event was, as usual, the community coming together to share food and drink, enjoy the entertainment and relax in the sunshine.”
- 1 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 St Mark's Hospital doctor takes bowel cancer programme to Iraq
- 9 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 10 Michelin-starred Atul Kochlar to open Indian in Wembley Park
The event on Sunday was the fifth time it has been held in Charteris Road.