Kilburn residents enjoy a big lunch out in the sun
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 people enjoyed an afternoon of entertainment, food and drink in Charteris Road
High spirits were met with good weather this weekend for the annual Charteris Big Lunch event in Kilburn.
Around 200 residents gathered in Charteris Road to enjoy an afternoon of entertainment, food and drink.
Launched in 2009 the Big Lunch aims to get as many people across the country to break bread with their neighbours in a simple act of community, friendship and fun.
This year had extra significance as residents celebrated the successful re-opening of Charteris Sports Centre which residents campaigned to retain.
You may also want to watch:
Lloyd Fothergill, a member of the Save Charteris Group told the Times: “Highlights included an acrobatic display of Capoeria and massed Zumba dancing.
“The main event was, as usual, the community coming together to share food and drink, enjoy the entertainment and relax in the sunshine.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
The event on Sunday was the fifth time it has been held in Charteris Road.