Kilburn man used library computers to visit sex websites
The 54-year-old was spotted gawping at sex websites
A KILBURN man who logged on to a library computer and trawled the net for pornography has been placed on the sexual offenders register.
George Lee Lindo, 54, of Esmond Road, Kilburn, was spotted gawping at the sex websites on a computer in Kilburn Library by a disgusted member of the public.
An investigation launched by library chiefs identified Lindo as the perpetrator who was using the computer under the pseudonyms of Cleveland Williams and Manny Hamadi.
A surveillance operation was put in place and Lindo was nabbed when he logged on to the computer during his next visit.
You may also want to watch:
He admitted three separate offences of the viewing and collection of indecent images and was ordered to sign the register and given a two-year supervision order by Brent Magistrates Court.
Under the terms of the order he is banned from using the Internet to access pornography, chat rooms or instant messaging, is barred from any job where he will come into contact with anyone aged under 16 and is not allowed to be left alone with any minors unless they are with their parent or guardian.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
Anyone wishing to use computers owned by Brent Council must now produce identification.